Spatial Dialogue investigates perceptions of space, such as the relationships between exterior and interior or public and private space. Creating in the intersection between new media, choreography and set design, the three collaborators were interested in an exploration of the impact of space on physicality and movement and its representation through technology.
Funded with a Sokol Grant from Marymount Manhattan College. Premiered at Marymount Manhattan College’s Theresa Lang Theatre on December 12, 2009. Video documentation available upon request.
- Choreographer: Nancy Lushington
- Light and Set Design: Robert Dutiel
- Set Design Assistant: Catriona Jones
- Digital Media Design: Rebecca Mushtare
- Assistant Digital Media Artist: Jeff Lewis
- Costume Design: Michelle Ferranti
- Rehearsal Assistants: Meghan Rose Murphy, Kirstin Sierer
- Cast: The MMC Dance Company
- Force composed and performed by Armand Amar.
- Sextet composed and performed by by Chris Fitkin.
- Begin Again Again? for Hypercello Solo – Energetic composed by Tom Machover and performed by Matt Haimovitz.
- Concerto in C Major for Two Trumpets & Strings, RV 537: II. Largo composed by Antonio Vilvaldi and performed by Wynton Marsalis.
- A Ramble at St. James’s Park composed and peformed by Michael Nyman
- A Zed and Two Noughts-Film Score (1985) – Prawn-watching composed and peformed by Michael Nyman.
- Machine composed and performed by Armand Amar